Annual Research Briefs 2012
- Uncertainty-quantifying models for chemical-kinetic rates.
J. Urzay, N. Kseib, P. G. Constantine, D. F. Davidson and G. Iaccarino
- A stochastic flamelet progress-variable approach for numerical simulations of high-speed turbulent combustion under chemical-kinetic uncertainties.
J. Urzay, N. Kseib, F. Palacios, J. Larsson and G. Iaccarino
- Unsteady flamelet modeling of CO emissions from a biomass combustor.
E. Knudsen, H. Pitsch, D. J. Cook, K. Kedia and X. Li
- LES of spray and combustion in an internal combustion engine.
D. Kah, V. Mittal, Shashank and H. Pitsch
- Analysis of subgrid scale phenomena of premixed turbulent combustion of methane and hydrogen in comparable regimes.
R. J. M. Bastiaans and M. S. Day
- Multi-fidelity numerical simulations of shock/turbulent-boundary-layer interaction in a duct with uncertainty quantification.
I. Bermejo-Moreno, J. Larsson, L. Campo, J. Bodart, M. Emory, F. Palacios, D. Helmer, G. Iaccarino and J. Eaton
- Epistemic uncertainty quantification for RANS modeling of the flow over a wavy wall.
C. Gorl´e, M. Emory, J. Larsson and G. Iaccarino
- Sparse multiresolution stochastic approximation for uncertainty quantification.
D. Schiavazzi, A. Doostan and G. Iaccarino
- Monotonicity-preserving uncertainty quantification.
J. A. S. Witteveen and G. Iaccarino
- Reduced order models for parameterized hyperbolic conservations laws with shock reconstruction.
P. G. Constantine and G. Iaccarino
- A matching pursuit approach to solenoidal filtering of three-dimensional velocity measurements.
D. Schiavazzi, F. Coletti, G. Iaccarino and J. K. Eaton
- Low-rank and sparse dynamic mode decomposition.
M. R. Jovanovi´c, P. J. Schmid and J. W. Nichols
- Bifurcation analysis of scramjet unstart.
I. Jang, J. W. Nichols and P. Moin
- Simulation of electrohydrodynamic instability near ion-selective membranes.
C. L. Druzgalski, M. B. Andersen and A. Mani
- Numerical simulation of wave breaking in turbulent two-phase Couette flow.
D. Kim, A. Mani and P. Moin
- Conservative volume of fluid advection method on unstructured grids in three dimensions.
C. B. Ivey and P. Moin
- A hierarchy of Eulerian models for trajectory crossing in particle-laden turbulent flows over a wide range of Stokes numbers.
F. Laurent, A. Vi´e, C. Chalons, R. O. Fox and M. Massot
- A stable, robust and high order accurate numerical method for Eulerian simulation of spray and particle transport on unstructured meshes.
A. Larat, M. Massot and A. Vie
- Buoyancy-driven turbulent flow in particle-laden fluid subject to radiation.
R. Zamansky, F. Colletti, M. Massot and A. Mani
- Sensor-based computation of transitional flows using wall-modeled large eddy simulation.
J. Bodart and J. Larsson
- Predicting the operability limit of the HyShot II scramjet using LES.
J. Larsson, I. Bermejo-Moreno, J. Bodart and R. Vicquelin
- Large eddy simulation of crackle noise in supersonic jets.
J. W. Nichols and S. K. Lele
- Sensitivity analysis to the normal grid-resolution in a turbulent channel flow using large-eddy simulations.
J. Dombard and G. Iaccarino
- Off-wall boundary conditions for turbulent simulations.
R. Garc´ia-Mayoral, B. Pierce and J. Wallace
- A posteriori analysis of a dynamic nonequilibrium model for subfilter scalar variance and dissipation rate.
C. M. Kaul and V. Raman
- Turbulent kinetic energy spectra of solar convection.
I. N. Kitiashvili, A. G. Kosovichev, S. K. Lele, N. N. Mansour and A. A. Wray
- DNS and modeling of a turbulent boundary layer with separation and reattachment over a range of Reynolds numbers.
H. Abe, Y. Mizobuchi, Y. Matsuo and P. R. Spalart
- A method for spatial sensitivity analysis.
P. G. Constantine, Q. Wang and G. Iaccarino
- Towards a hybrid adjoint approach for complex flow simulations.
T. W. R. Taylor, F. Palacios, K. Duraisamy and J. J. Alonso
- On spurious numerics in solving reactive equations.
D. V. Kotov, H. C. Yee, W. Wang and C.-W. Shu
- 1D and 2D simulations for the NASA EAST experiments.
D. V. Kotov, H. C. Yee, M. Panesi, D. Prabhu and A. Wray
- Comparative study of high-order positivity-preserving WENO schemes.
D. V. Kotov, H. C. Yee and B. Sj¨ogreen