Proceedings of the 2012 Summer Program
I. Fundamentals of transition
II. Large eddy simulation
- DNS and LES of separated flows at moderate Reynolds numbers.
F. Cadieux, J. A. Domaradzki, T. Sayadi, S. Bose and F. Duchaine
- Off-wall boundary conditions for turbulent simulations from minimal flow units in transitional boundary layers.
R. Garc´ia-Mayoral, B. Pierce and J. Wallace
- A dynamic regularized gradient model of the subgrid-scale scalar flux.
G. Balarac, J. Le Sommer and A. Vollant
- Prediction of unsteady heat transfer from a cylinder in crossflow.
S. T. Bose, B. C. Wang and M. Saeedi
- On the Euler rotation angle and axis of a subgrid-scale stress model.
M. Saeedi, B.-C. Wang and S. T. Bose
- A parametrized non-equilibrium wall-model for large-eddy simulations.
S. Hickel, E. Touber, J. Bodart and J. Larsson
- Large-eddy simulations of flow and heat transfer around a low-Mach number turbine blade.
N. Maheu, V. Moureau, P. Domingo, F. Duchaine and G. Balarac
- Prediction of heat transfer in a turbine cascade with high levels of free-stream turbulence.
G. Medic, J. Joo, S. K. Lele and O. P. Sharma
- Large eddy simulation of a wind turbine airfoil at high angle of attack.
P. Venugopal, L. Cheung, G. Jothiprasad and S. K. Lele
- Particle methods: an efficient tool for direct numerical simulations of a high Schmidt number passive scalar in turbulent flow.
J. B. Lagaert, G. Balarac, G.-H. Cottet and P. B´egou
- Simulating three-dimensional turbulence with SPH.
S. Adami, X. Y. Hu and N. A. Adams
III. Uncertainty quantification
- Statistical inverse analysis and stochastic modeling of transition.
O. Marxen, G. Serino, F. Pinna, P. Constantine, C. Gorle and G. Iaccarino
- Towards predictive simulation of wildfire spread using a reduced-cost Ensemble Kalman Filter based on Polynomial Chaos approximation.
M.C. Rochoux, S. Ricci, D. Lucor, B. Cuenot, A. Trouv´e and J.-M. Bart
- Adaptive strategy in multiresolution framework for uncertainty quantification.
R. Abgrall, P. M. Congedo, G. Geraci and G. Iaccarino
- Comparison of adaptive uncertainty quantification approaches for shock wave-dominated flows.
D. Lucor, J. Witteveen, P. Constantine, D. Schiavazzi and G. Iaccarino
- Towards adjoint sensitivity analysis of statistics in turbulent flow simulation.
P. J. Blonigan, R. Chen, Q. Wang and J. Larsson
- Robust optimization for windmill airfoil design under variable wind conditions.
H. Tachikawa, D. Schiavazzi, T. Arima and G. Iaccarino
- Uncertainty quantification of low-speed fan noise.
J. Christophe, M. Sanjose, S. Moreau, J.A.S. Witteveen and G. Iaccarino
- Uncertainty quantification of the far-field noise from a rod-airfoil configuration.
J.-C. Giret, S. Moreau and J.-F. Boussuge
IV. Reynolds averaged modeling (RANS)
V. Multiphase flows
- A Runge–Kutta discontinuous Galerkin conservative level set method.
Z. Jibben and M. Herrmann
- A new level set equation and its numerical assessments.
A. Ovsyannikov, V. Sabel'nikov and M. Gorokhovski
- Application of stochastic models to primary air-blast atomization and cavitation.
M. Gorokhovski, R. Zamansky, C. Le Ribault and T. Deng
- Two-layer mesoscopic modeling of bag break-up in turbulent secondary atomization.
N. Rimbert, F. Doisneau, F. Laurent, D. Kah and M. Massot
- Direct Numerical Simulation of polydisperse evaporating sprays in 3D jet configuration using Euler-Euler and Euler-Lagrange formalisms.
L. Fr´eret, O. Thomine, F. Laurent, J. R´eveillon and M. Massot
- On the Direct Numerical Simulation of moderate-Stokes-number turbulent particulate flows using Algebraic-Closure-Based and Kinetic- Based Moment Methods.
A. Vi´e, E. Masi, O. Simonin and M. Massot
- Eulerian modeling and simulation of small scale trajectory crossing and coalescence for moderate-Stokes-number spray flows.
F. Doisneau, O. Thomine, F. Laurent, A. Vi´e, J. Dupays and M. Massot
- A Lagrangian filtering approach for large-eddy simulation of particleladen turbulence.
G. W. He, H. P. Ansari, G. D. Jin, D. Li and A. Mani
- Analysis of dynamic models for turbulent premixed combustion.
D. Veynante, T. Schmitt, M. Boileau and V. Moureau
- Budget analysis and model-assessment of the flamelet-formulation: Application to a reacting jet-in-cross-flow.
W. L. Chan, Y. C. See, M. Ihme, H. Kolla and J. H. Chen
- DNS of soot formation and growth in turbulent non-premixed flames: Damk¨ohler number effects and Lagrangian statistics of soot transport.
A. Attili, F. Bisetti and M. E. Mueller
- Numerical modeling of the deposition of combustion-generated soot particles on cold wall surfaces.
A. Trouv´e, B. Cuenot and E. Riber
- Hybrid transported-tabulated strategy to downsize detailed chemistry for Large Eddy Simulation.
G. Ribert, P. Domingo and L. Vervisch
- Stabilization mechanisms of a supercritical hydrogen/oxygen flame.
R. Mari, B. Cuenot, F. Duchaine and L. Selle
- A mixed acoustic-entropy combustion instability in a realistic gas turbine.
E. Motheau, L. Selle, T. Poinsot and F. Nicoud
- DMD algorithms for experimental data processing in combustion.
F. Richecoeur, L. Hakim, A. Renaud and L. Zimmer
- Experimental and numerical study of the influence of small geometrical modifications on the dynamics of swirling flows.
J. Dombard, T. Poinsot, V. Moureau, N. Savary, G. Staffelbach and V. Bodoc