Fellowship and Visiting Scholar Programs
The Center for Turbulence Research sponsors three fellowship programs:
- The Senior Fellowship: program sponsors extended visits to the CTR by faculty members and scientists from other universities or government laboratories. Senior Fellowship applicants may apply for support for accompanying Ph.D. students.
- The Postdoctoral Fellowship: the postdoctoral fellowship program provides research opportunities for those who have earned a Ph.D. in an appropriate area in the past three years. They are appointed as Postdoctoral Fellows at Stanford.
Fellows in either of the categories above can and are expected to interact with Stanford faculty in research projects of mutual interest. Applications for Fellowships are reviewed quarterly, and application material should be on file at the CTR by January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1.
- Predoctoral Students can apply for graduate studies in the Department of Mechanical Engineering or other appropriate department at Stanford and indicate their interest on the electronic department application forms.
- Sr. Fellowship and Postdoctoral Fellowship applications should include:
- Curriculum vitae
- Brief research proposal addressing a fundamental question in turbulence or one of the cross-disciplinary areas listed
- Three confidential letters of reference addressed directly to the Director Professor Parviz Moin. Author should send letter directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduate transcript (if the applicant is about to graduate or has graduated in the past year)
DIRECT INQUIRIES TO:
Center for Turbulence Research Postdoctoral Affairs Manager
Address: Stanford University 488 Escondido Mall, Building 500, Room 500B, Stanford, CA 94305-3035
Phone: 650-736-0766 Fax: 650-725-3525 Email: email@example.com