I. Multi-phase Flows
- Electrically induced suppression of turbophoresis in particle-laden turbulent channel flows.
M. Di Renzo, P. L. Johnson, M. Bassenne, L. Villafane and J. Urzay
- Confinement, enhancement, extremes and inversions in the mixing and transport of particles by rotating turbulent flows.
A. D. Bragg and R. Dhariwal
- Using particle-resolved LES to improve Eulerian-Lagrangian modeling of shock-wave/particle-cloud interactions.
M. Vartdal and A. N. Osnes
- Turbulent multiphase flow and deposition of ingested sand on high-temperature turbine blades.
N. Jain, L. Bravo, S. T. Bose, D. Kim, M. Murugan, A. Ghoshal and A. Flatau
- A dual-scale subgrid closure for LES of phase interfaces in turbulent flows.
M. Herrmann, D. Kedelty and T. Ziegenhein
- Energy cascade in a homogeneous swarm of bubbles rising in a vertical channel.
C. C. K. Lai, B. Fraga, W. R. H. Chan and M. S. Dodd
- Emulsions in homogeneous shear turbulence.
M. E. Rosti, Z. Ge, S. S. Jain, M. S. Dodd and L. Brandt
- Volume-averaged continuum approach for turbulent flows in porous media: An a-priori DNS analysis.
S. V. Apte, X. He and B. D. Wood
II. Numerical Methods
- Large-eddy simulation of practical aeronautical flows at stall conditions.
O. Lehmkuhl, G. I. Park, S. T. Bose and P. Moin
- The suitability of hybrid meshes for low-Mach large-eddy simulation.
S. P. Domino, L. Jofre and G. Iaccarino
- Large-scale space definition for the DG-VMS method based on energy transfer analyses.
F. Naddei, M. de la Llave Plata, E. Lamballais, V. Couaillier, M. Massot and M. Ihme
- Analysis of numerical dissipation in entropy-stable schemes for turbulent flows.
S. M. Murman and C. Frontin
- Physics-based near-wall turbulence modeling in an enriched discontinuous Galerkin framework.
Y. Lv, X. I. A. Yang, G. I. Park and M. Ihme
III. Multi-physics and Data-driven Studies
- Analysis and prediction of rare events in turbulent flows.
P. J. Schmid, O. T. Schmidt, A. Towne and M. J. P. Hack
- Low-rank modeling of primary atomization.
D. J. Bodony, P. Sashittal and A. Towne
- Scalar source tracking in turbulent environments using deep reinforcement learning.
V. Spandan, P. Bharadwaj, M. Bassenne and L. Jofre
- Scalar mixing under shock/turbulence interaction: DNS, statistical and geometric analyses.
X. Gao, J. Buchmeier, I. Bermejo-Moreno, J. Larsson, L. Fu and S. K. Lele
- Leveraging large-eddy simulations to investigate the influence of temperature non-uniformity on jet noise.
P. Tamm, G. A. Bres, A. Towne and S. K. Lele
- Reducing the cost of shadowing-based adjoint sensitivity analysis for turbulent flows.
P. J. Blonigan, S. M. Murman and A. Towne
- Toward computing sensitivities of average quantities in turbulent flows.
N. Chandramoorthy, Z. N. Wang, Q. Wang and P. Tucker
- Robust optimization of turbine cascades for Organic Rankine Cycles operating with siloxane MDM.
N. Razaaly, G. Gori, O. Le Maitre, G. Iaccarino and P. M. Congedo
IV. Wall Turbulence
- Reconstructing channel turbulence from wall observations.
M. P. Encinar, A. Lozano-Duran and J. Jim´enez
- Parametric mechanism maintaining Couette flow turbulence is verified in DNS.
B. F. Farrell, P. J. Ioannou and M. A. Nikolaidis
- Modeling electrical currents through an ion-selective membrane in the overlimiting regime.
X. I. A. Yang, K. M. Wang, H. H. A. Xu and A. Mani
- Regularity diagnostics applied to a turbulent boundary layer.
H. J. Bae, J. D. Gibbon, R. M. Kerr and A. Lozano-Duran
- Turbulent-turbulent transition of a transient three-dimensional channel flow.
S. He, A. Lozano-Duran, J. He and M. Cho
- Single-point structure tensors in rough-wall turbulent channel flows.
J. Yuan, G. Brereton, G. Iaccarino, A. A. Mishra and M. Vartdal
- Virtual origins in turbulent flows over complex surfaces.
G. Gomez-de-Segura, A. Sharma and R. Garcia-Mayoral
- Impact of transverse shear on turbomachinery endwall flow.
J. Lee, G. Xia, G. Medic and O. Sharma
- Scaling and modeling of heat-release effects on subfilter turbulence in premixed combustion.
J. F. MacArt and M. E. Mueller
- Observable regularization of two-phase flows and reacting flows.
B. Aboulhasanzadeh and K. Mohseni
- Direct numerical simulation, analysis, and modeling of the evaporation of multiple fuel droplets in a hot turbulent flow.
C. Duwig, G. Lupo, A. Gruber, L. Brandt, P. B. Govindaraju, T. Jaravel and M. Ihme
- Physics-informed data-driven prediction of premixed flame dynamics with data assimilation.
H. Yu, T. Jaravel, J. Labahn, M. Ihme, M. P. Juniper and L. Magri
- Generalized chaos expansion of state space models for uncertainty quantification in thermoacoustics.
C. F. Silva, P. Pettersson, G. Iaccarino and M. Ihme
- A-posteriori evaluation of a deep convolutional neural network approach to subgrid-scale flame surface estimation.
C. J. Lapeyre, A. Misdariis, N. Cazardy and T. Poinsot
- Characterizing discretization and filter effects on LES via DNS-assisted evaluations.
A. K. Edoh and T. P. Gallagher