Annual Research Briefs 2016
Table of contents
- Heat-transfer rates in equilibrium-wall-modeled LES of supersonic turbulent flows.
X. I. A. Yang, J. Urzay and P. Moin
- Dynamic analysis of coherent processes in transitional and turbulent boundary layers.
M. J. P. Hack and P. Moin
- Modeling boundary-layer transition in DNS and LES using parabolized stability equations.
A. Lozano-Duran, M. J. P. Hack, G. I. Park and P. Moin
- Wall-modeled LES: Recent applications to complex flows.
G. I. Park and P. Moin
- LES of hypersonic compression-corner flows with upstream sub-boundary-layer microramp vortex generators.
J. Kim, I. Bermejo-Moreno, A. M. Schreyer and J. Urzay
- A physics-based interpretation of the slip-wall LES model.
X. I. A. Yang, S. T. Bose and P. Moin
- Investigation of the slip boundary condition in wall-modeled LES.
H. J. Bae, A. Lozano-Duran and P. Moin
- LES of the convective boundary layer: A minimum-dissipation modeling approach.
M. Abkar and P. Moin
- Turbulent channel with slip boundaries as a benchmark for subgrid-scale models in LES.
A. Lozano-Duran and H. J. Bae
- A dynamic approximate deconvolution model for unfiltered scalars in LES.
M. Bassenne and J. Urzay
- Extraction of coherent clusters in particle-laden turbulent flows using wavelet filters.
M. Bassenne, J. Urzay and P. Moin
- A robust method for quantification of preferential concentration from finite number of particles.
L. Villafane-Roca, M. Esmaily-Moghadam, A. Banko and J. K. Eaton
- Analytical prediction of the segregation of inertial particles in turbulent flows.
M. Esmaily-Moghadam and A. Mani
- On the development of a subgrid-scale model for the generation of micro-bubbles from impacting liquid surfaces.
W. H. R. Chan, J. Urzay, A. Mani and P. Moin
- Conservative and bounded volume-of-fluid advection on unstructured grids.
C. Ivey and P. Moin
- Toward direct numerical simulation of multicomponent fuel spray auto-ignition.
L. Esclapez, P. Govindaraju and M. Ihme
- On interfacial transport in transcritical flows of liquid fuels into high-pressure combustors.
L. Jofre and J. Urzay
- Supercritical pseudoboiling for general fluids and its application to injection.
D. T. Banuti, M. Raju and M. Ihme
- Numerical methods to prevent pressure oscillations in transcritical flows.
P. C. Ma, Y. Lv and M. Ihme
- Compositional inhomogeneities as a source of indirect noise in subsonic and supersonic nozzles.
L. Magri, J. O’Brien and M. Ihme
- Toward a resolvent-based statistical jet-noise model.
A. Towne, G. A. Bres and S. K. Lele
- A framework for estimating epistemic uncertainty in LES closures.
L. Jofre, S. P. Domino and G. Iaccarino
- A return to eddy viscosity model for epistemic UQ in RANS closures.
W. N. Edeling, G. Iaccarino and P. Cinnella
- RANS predictions for high-speed flows using enveloping models.
A. A. Mishra and G. Iaccarino
- Multi-material diffuse-interface Eulerian formulation for high-order simulations of elastic-plastic flow in solids.
N. S. Ghaisas, A. Subramaniam and S. K. Lele
- Entropy residual shock detector for shock-capturing using high-order discontinuous Galerkin scheme.
Y. Lv and M. Ihme
- A case study of empty nose syndrome by nasal airflow simulation.
T. Flint, A. Thamboo, N. Velasquez, J. V. Nayak, M. Sellier, M. Esmaily-Moghadam and P. Moin