I. SOLAR SIMULATIONS
- Thermal convection in a twisted magnetic field.
- Numerical modeling of turbulent convection and acoustic wave propagation in the solar interior.
M. Miesch, N.N. Mansour and M.M. Rogers
- Solar surface convection.
R.Stein, A. Nordlund, J.F. Ripoll and A.A. Wray
- Anisotropy of MHD turbulence at low magnetic Reynolds number.
O. Zikanov, A. Vorobev, A. Thess, P.A. Davidson and B. Knaepen
- MHD turbulence sheared in fixed and rotating frames.
S.C. Kassinos, B. Knaepen and A. Wray
- On the transition from two-dimensional to three-dimensional MHD turbulence.
A. Thess and O. Zikanov
- Magnetic turbulence in compressible fluids.
J. Cho and A. Lazarian
- Modeling anomalous electron transport in Hall thrusters.
E. Fernandez, M. Cappelli, N. Gascon and M. Alllis
- Hartmann effect on MHD turbulence in the limit RM << 1.
R. Moreau, Y. Dubief and B. Knaepen
III. LES AND NUMERICAL SIMULATIONS
- Adaptive LES of 3D decaying isotropic turbulence.
D. Goldstein, O. V. Vasilyev and N. Kevlahan
- Transfer of energy in the variational multiscale formulation of LES.
A. Oberai, V. Gravemeier and G Burton
- Sampling versus filtering in Large-Eddy simulations.
O. Debliquy, B. Knaepen, D. Carati and A. Wray
- Filtering and LES of flow over irregular rough boundary.
A. Nakayama, K. Hori and R. L. Street
- Commutation errors in Large Eddy Simulation on moving grids: application to piston engine flows.
V.R. Moureau, O.V. Vasilyev, C. Angelberger and T.J. Poinsot
IV. RANS MODELING AND APPLICATIONS
- Combining eddy-viscosity models and the algebraic structure-based Reynolds stress closure.
G. Kalitzin, G. Iaccarino, C.A. Langer and S.C. Kassinos
- Synthetic jet modeling for U-RANS.
F. Capizzano and G. Iaccarino
- Numerical simulation of a low speed fan blade.
S. Moreau, G. Iaccarino, S. Kang, Y. Khaligi and M. Wang
V. STABILITY AND ACOUSTICS
- A study of turbulent wake dynamics using a novel localized stability analysis.
X.S. Liang and M. Wang
- Nonlinear evolution of velocity fluctuations in a laminar boundary layer excited by free-stream vortical disturbances.
P. Ricco, P.A. Durbin, T. Zaki and X. Wu
- The robustness of acoustic analogies.s
J.B. Freund, S.K. Lele and M. Wei
VI. COMBUSTION AND MULTI-PHASE FLOW
COMBUSTION SCIENCE AND MODELING
TWO PHASE FLOWS
THERMOACOUSTIC INSTABILITIES AND CONTROL
- Direct numerical simulation of turbulent premixed flames with a marker field and application to RANS and LES.
R.W. Bilger, S.H. Kim and S.M. Martin
- Validation of an asymptotic zone conditional expression for turbulent burning velocity against DNS database.
K.Y. Huh, S.H. Kim and S. Kim
- LES/FDF/ISAT compuations of turbulent flames.
L. Lu, Z. Ren, V. Raman, S.B. Pope and H. Pitsch
- A constructed FDF Model for fast CFD with realistic chemistry.
G.M. Goldin and V. Raman
- Liquid film modeling in high shear nozzles.
W.W. Kim, S. Apte, M. Herrman and F. Ham
- Simulation of dispersed two-phase flow using a coupled Volume-of-Fluid/Level-Set method.
E.R.A. Coyajee, M. Herrmann and B.J. Boersma
- Filtered particle tracking for dispersed two-phase turbulent flows.
J. Pozorski, S. Apte and V. Raman
- Toward the development of a LES-SGS closure model for buoyant plumes.
S.R. Tieszen, H. Pitsch, G. Blanquart and S. Abarzhi
- Radiative transfer modeling of a large pool fire by discrete ordinates, discrete transfer, ray tracing, Monte Carlo and moment methods.
K.A. Jensen, J.F. Ripoll, A.A. Wray, D. Joseph and M. El Hafi
- Temperature and pollution control in flames.
L. Debiane, B. Ivorra, B. Mohammadi, F. Nicoud, T. Poinsot, A. Ern and H. Pitsch
- Analysis of acoustic energy and modes in a turbulent swirled combustor.
C. Martin, L. Benoit, F. Nicoud and T. Poinsot
- Toward improved boundary conditions for the DNS and LES of turbulent subsonic flows.
R. Prosser and J. Schluter