I. Multi-phase Flows
- A sharp interface in-cell-reconstruction method for volume tracking phase interfaces in compressible ﬂows.
- Numerical modeling of shock waves in biomedicine.
S. Adami, J. Kaiser, N. A. Adams and I. Bermejo-Moreno
- Multi-component vapor-liquid equilibrium model for LES and application to ECN Spray A.
J. Matheis AND S. Hickel
- Simulation of a reactive ﬂuidized bed reactor using CFD/DEM.
Y. Dufresne, V. Moureau, E. Masi, O. Simonin and J. Horwitz
- Large-eddy simulations of sandstorms as charged-particle suspensions in turbulent boundary layers.
M. M. Rahman, W. Cheng, R. Samtaney and J. Urzay
- Multi-scale geometrical Lagrangian statistics: Extensions and applications to particle-laden turbulent ﬂows.
B. Kadoch, M. Bassenne, M. Esmaily-Moghadam, K. Schneider, M. Farge and W. J. T. Bos
- Turbulence and inertial eﬀects in a porous bed: DNS and ﬂow analysis.
X. He, S. Apte, K. Schneider, B. Kadoch and M. Farge
- Multi-scale statistics of turbulence motorized by active matter.
J. Urzay, A. Doostmohammadi and J. M. Yeomans
- Evaluation of subgrid dispersion models for LES of spray ﬂames.
X. Y. Zhao, L. Esclapez, P. Govindaraju, Q. Wang and M. Ihme
- Optimal ignition placement in diﬀusion ﬂames by nonlinear adjoint looping.
U. A. Qadri, L. Magri, M. Ihme and P. J. Schmid
- Inspecting Lagrangian coherent structures in turbulent combustion simulations.
V. Nair, G. Nastac, L. Magri and M. Ihme
- Including real fuel chemistry in LES of turbulent combustion.
A. Felden, E. Riber, B. Cuenot, L. Esclapez, M. Ihme and H. Wang
- Sub-grid scale modeling of the equation of state for fully compressible combustion LES.
G. Ribert, P. Domingo and L. Vervisch
- Eﬀect of wall heat transfer on screech in a turbulent premixed combustor.
A. Ghani, M. Miguel-Brebion, L. Selle, F. Duchaine and T. Poinsot
- Analysis of a transverse combustion instability in a full rocket engine under supercritical conditions.
L. Selle, A. Urbano, Q. Douasbin , T. Schmitt and S. Ducruix
- Combustion noise simulation in a model gas-turbine combustor.
J. O’Brien, F. Bake AND M. Ihme
III. Turbulence and Transition Physics
- Turbulent spots inside the wall layer of the zero-pressure-gradient turbulent ﬂat-plate boundary layer.
J. Skarda, A. Lozano-Duran, X. Wu, P. Moin and J. Wallace
- Eﬀects of heat transfer on transitional states of supersonic boundary layers.
M. S. Shadloo, A. Hadjadj, D. J. Bodony, F. Hussain and S. K. Lele
- Instability and transition of a Mach-5.8 ﬂat plate boundary layer over a thermo-mechanically compliant panel.
D. J. Bodony
- Symmetry breaking in a 3D bluﬀ-body wake.
G. Rigas, L. Esclapez and L. Magri
- Evolution of vortex-surface ﬁelds in the K-type transitional boundary layer.
Y. Yang, Y. Zhao, S. Xiong, M. J. P. Hack and J. Kim
- Turbulence modulation by variable density and viscosity.
A. Patel, R. Pecnik, J. W. R. Peeters, S. Hickel and M. E. Moghadam
- Separation control in a hypersonic compression ramp interaction.
A. M. Schreyer, I. Bermejo-Moreno, J. Kim and J. Urzay
- A preliminary study of the causal structure in fully developed near-wall turbulence.
X. San Liang AND A. Lozano-Duran
- Laminar boundary layer instability noise.
M. Sanjose, S. Moreau, A. Towne and S. K Lele
- Prediction of supersonic jet noise using non-parallel ﬂow asymptotics and LES data within Goldstein’s acoustic analogy.
M. Z. Afsar, A. Sescu, V. Sassanis, A. Towne, G. A. Bres and S. K. Lele
IV. Large-Eddy Simulation
- Exploring nonlinear subgrid-scale models and new characteristic length scales for large-eddy simulation.
M. H. Silvis, F. X. Trias, M. Abkar, H. J. Bae, A. Lozano-Duran and R. W. C. P. Verstappen
- A dynamic subgrid-scale model for LES based on the Mori-Zwanzig formalism.
E. Parish and K. Duraisamy
- Low-complexity stochastic modeling of spatially evolving ﬂows.
W. Ran, A. Zare, M. J. P. Hack and M. R. Jovanovic
- Toward a dynamic model for the near-wall region based on reduced representations.
T. Sayadi, P. J. Schmid, C. W. Hamman and A. Lozano-Duran
- Toward low order models of wall turbulence using resolvent analysis.
K. Rosenberg, T. Saxton-Fox, A. Lozano-Duran, A. Towne and B. J. McKeon
- Toward real-time high-ﬁdelity simulation using integral boundary layer modeling.
A. Marques, Q. Wang, J. Larsson, G. Laskowski and S. T. Bose
- A comparative study of wall models for LES of turbulent separated ﬂow.
P. S. Iyer, G. I. Park and M. R. Malik
- LES of ﬂow over the NASA Common Research Model with near-wall modeling.
O. Lehmkuhl, G. I. Park and P. Moin
- Large-eddy simulation of NACA65 compressor cascade with roughness.
J. Joo, M. Emory, S. T. Bose, G. Medic, F. Ham and O. P. Sharma
- Extending the dynamic slip boundary condition to variational multi-scale methods.
C. Carton de Wiart and S. M. Murman
- Assessment of high-order DG methods for LES of compressible ﬂows.
K. Hillewaert, J. S. Cagnone, S. M. Murman, A. Garai, Y. Lv and M. Ihme
V. Uncertainty Quantification
- Adjoint-based sensitivity analysis for a reacting jet in crossﬂow.
P. Sashittal, T. Sayadi, P. J. Schmid, I. Jang and L. Magri
- Toward a chaotic adjoint for LES.
P. J. Blonigan, P. Fernandez, S. M. Murman, Q. Wang, G. Rigas, and L. Magri
- Advection-diﬀusion on uncertain geometries.
M. Wahlsten, J. Nordstrom and G. Iaccarino
- Multi-ﬁdelity uncertainty quantiﬁcation using RANS and DNS.
R. Ahlfeld, S. Laizet, F. Montomoli, G. Geraci AND G. Iaccarino
- Physics-informed machine learning for predictive turbulence modeling: Toward a complete framework.
J.-X. Wang, J.-L. Wu, J. Ling, G. Iaccarino and H. Xiao
- A strategy for the eigenvector perturbations of the Reynolds stress tensor in the context of uncertainty quantiﬁcation.
R. L. Thompson, L. E. B. Sampaio, W. Edeling, A. A. Mishra and G. Iaccarino
- Exploring model-form uncertainties in large-eddy simulations.
S. P. Domino, L. Jofre and G. Iaccarino