Annual Research Briefs 2013
- Wall-modeled large-eddy simulations of the HIFiRE-2 scramjet.
I. Bermejo-Moreno, J. Larsson, J. Bodart and R. Vicquelin
- Supercritical mixing and combustion in rocket propulsion.
J.-P. Hickey and M. Ihme
- Numerical simulation of bubble formation by breaking waves in turbulent two-phase Couette flow.
D. Kim, A. Mani and P. Moin
- Modelization of cavitation in shear flows.
R. Zamansky and F. Ham
- Modeling of small-scale turbulent magnetic fields on the Sun.
I. N. Kitiashvili, A. G. Kosovichev, N. N. Mansour and A. A. Wray
- Optical degradation of inductively-coupled plasma lenses by conversion of electromagnetic energy into unsteady flows.
J. Urzay, M. Mortazavi and A. Mani
- On the description of the spray flame structure in a mixture fraction space.
A. Vié, B. Franzelli, B. Fiorina, N. Darabiha and M. Ihme
- Flamelet structures in spray ignition.
J. Urzay, D. Martínez-Ruiz, A. L. Sánchez, A. Liñán and F. A. Williams
- Backscatter of turbulent kinetic energy in chemically-reacting compressible flows.
J. Urzay, J. O'Brien, M. Ihme, P. Moin and A. Saghafian
- Evaluation of point-forcing models with application to vertical axis wind turbine farms.
B. Pierce, P. Moin and J. Dabiri
- Electro-osmotic instability and chaos: membranes, polarizable surfaces, and cross-flow.
M. B. Andersen, C. L. Druzgalski, S. M. Davidson, J. W. Nichols and A. Mani
- Numerical investigation of a traveling-wave thermoacoustic Stirling heat engine.
C. Scalo, S. K. Lele and L. Hesselink
- Simulation methodologies and open questions for acoustic combustion instability studies.
- Dynamic mode decomposition of controlled H- and K-type transitions.
T. Sayadi, P. Schmid, J. W. Nichols and P. Moin
- Implementation and partial validations of a non-equilibrium wall-model in an unstructured LES solver.
G. I. Park and P. Moin
- Pressure fluctuations in turbulent flows over superhydrophobic surfaces.
J. Seo, R. García-Mayoral and A. Mani
- Study of thermal boundary layer in pulsatile flows.
D. Kah and M. Ihme
- Flutter of filaments in planar flow at different angles of attack: An experimental investigation.
H. D. Akaydin, C. J. Voesenek and D. Lentink
- High-fidelity simulation of a turbulent inclined jet in a crossflow.
J. Bodart, F. Coletti, I. Bermejo-Moreno and J. Eaton
- On the effects of uncertain amounts of residual impurities in shock-tube measurements of hydrogen ignition times.
J. Urzay, N. Kseib, D. F. Davidson, G. Iaccarino and R. K. Hanson
- Performance of improved high-order filter schemes for turbulent flows with shocks.
D. Kotov, H. C. Yee and B. Sjögreen
- A hybrid adjoint approach applied to RANS equations.
T. W. R. Taylor, F. Palacios, K. Duraisamy and J. J. Alonso
- Extended Discontinuous Galerkin methods for multiphase flows: the spatial discretization.
- Acoustic post-processing with MapReduce.
J. W. Nichols
- Scaling compressible flow solvers on the IBM Blue Gene/Q platform on up to 1.97 million cores.
I. Bermejo-Moreno, J. Bodart and J. Larsson